As a good Italian girl should, I love antipasto! Antipasto plates, cured meats, cheeses, pickled vegetables, roasted red peppers, olives, seriously it is my favorite meal. Because of our hectic schedules, my husband and I share cheese plates for dinner at least 2 times a week. We love using Mezzetta products for their taste, quality and selection. We have been eating Mezzetta products for many years now so we were thrilled we then sent us some for review.
As I mentioned we eat a lot of antipasto plates in our home. I love using the Giardeniera mix – in case you don’t know what this delicacy is all about; it is a blend of cauliflower, celery, peppers and carrots pickled to perfection! I cannot tell you how good it is! You really must try it!
Mezzetta sent roasted red peppers in out case of goodies so I decided to make a Stromboli. This Stromboli is perfect cut up into small bites as a snack, or pair it with a salad and a side of red sauce for a delicious meal!
- 1 tube Pillsbury Pizza DOugh
- 4 slices of Mezzetta Marinated Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 pkg shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 slices pepperoni
- 5 slices genoa salami
- seasoning to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Open pizza dough and roll out on baking sheet.
- Layer cheese, pepperoni, salami and top with Mezzetta Roasted Red Peppers.
- Roll the dough so that all fillings are completely covered by dough and tuck in the ends.
- Sprinkle with your favorite seasonings (I used Adobe)
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Optional -Serve with Marinara sauce
For more information about Mezzetta products visit them on the web at www.mezzetta.com for full product and company information.
Disclaimer: I received product to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own and yours may vary.