I love Chinese Egg Rolls but I am not a fan of their greasy shell when we order in from takeout. Yes- we have take out if you order in advance and rive 25 minutes to pick it up! I digress, when we order Chinese Egg Rolls I usually end up picking out the “innards” and leaving the fried shell. (My hubby ends up eating it, but sshh don’t tell him I told you!) I created a recipe for baked Chinese egg rolls and they are delicious and healthy!
I can see that these will become a staple in our family.
- 2 cups Broccoli Slaw
- 2 tsp Pickled Sushi Ginger, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 4 egg roll wrappers
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a large skillet, stir-fry the sesame seeds, ginger and slaw in the Tbsp of oil for 3-4 minutes, until slightly tender. Add soy sauce at the end to combine.
- Spray wrappers and baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Divide filling among wrappers and roll up according to package directions.
- Place on baking sheet and bake until golden.
- Approximately 25 minutes.