In honor of Pi Day (March 14) as is 3.14, we have teamed up with Wholly Wholesome to offer you delicious treats for this Math Celebration! Well maybe not completely Math, I think there are some sugary baked goods in store for us today too!
About the Company
Wholly Wholesome began in 1996 with the company’s passion to create natural baked goods products that deliver organic desserts for ingredient-conscious consumers.
About the Products
Wholly Wholesome offers an assortment of desserts and frozen all natural baked goods.
The following is the Apple Crumb Pie Recipe that can be found online on the Wholly Wholesome website. By starting with a Wholly Wholesome crust, we promise there won’t be any remaining fraction of dessert left.
Apple Crumble Pie
- 6 medium sized apples (I like Granny Smith)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl. Peel, core, and slice apples, toss with the dry ingredients until evenly coated, and sugar mixture is moistened from apples. Pack apple mixture evenly into a Wholly Wholesome 9” pie shell. The apples will be piled high, but will cook down some in the oven. Finish with crumb topping.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. You can cut in butter with a fork or a pastry blender, or simply rub it in with your hands. Mix until butter is worked into the dry ingredients, it should look lumpy but dry. Smooth the crumb mixture over the apples.
Place pie on a sheet pan and bake in a 375° oven for about an hour (maybe a little longer). You will know the pie is done when juices bubbling out of it look thick, or a paring knife is easily inserted in the center and the apples are tender. The pie will sink down as it cools.
Visit their website for full product details and more recipes. You will be sure to have a blast this Pi Day with tips ad recipes from Wholly Wholesome.
Disclaimer: I received product to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own and yours may differ.