Snickerdoodles are a favorite in our home. We love the light, cinnamon taste and the soft texture that this recipe has when baked. My husband enjoys having a bar with his morning coffee. This recipe is really easy and is perfect for bake sales, gatherings and lunch boxes too
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars with an electric mixer at high speed until fluffy.
- Add baking soda, cinnamon and salt, then blend.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and beat at medium until just incorporated. Add flour and mix on low speed until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until set in center, about 60 minutes.
- Let cool completely.