This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
UPDATE – This easy almond pound cake recipe has been such a huge hit on Pinterest that I decided to post it again! This is undeniably one of the best cakes I have ever made! Enjoy.
Easy Almond Pound Cake Recipe
Boy do I have a delicious recipe to add to your wheelhouse! This easy vanilla almond pound cake recipe is perfection. This cake does not even need icing- that is how good it is!
For this recipe I used Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Extract and Almond Extract. Excellent ingredients make extraordinary cakes. I have found that The Nielsen-Massey Company provides top-notch products and therefore my baked goods come out great!
Best Vanilla Almond Pound Cake Recipe
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup shortening, room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Almond Extract
- 5 eggs (room temperature
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1-1/4 cup milk
- Grease a 10-inch tube pan (angel food cake pan) and set aside
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the shortening and butter together until well combined.
- Add the sugar and cream for about 5-7 minutes. (mixture will double in size and be a pale yellow color) **Important do not scrimp on time on this step.
- Add vanilla and almond extracts and combine.
- Add eggs one at a time and incorporate each into mixture before adding the next.
- Add salt and baking powder and combine.
- Add the flour and milk, alternating back and forth until mixture is thick and fully combined well.
- Pour into waiting pan.
- Bake for 75 minutes.
- Let cool completely before taking out of pan.