If you are anything like me, you love gingerbread especially around the holidays! I love the gingerbread loaf from Starbuck and that was my inspiration for these cute bars. I wanted my gingerbread to be soft and chewy with almost a brownie consistency and I think I nailed it. I topped mine with a cream cheese frosting but you could omit this if you choose. But let’s be real, frosting makes everything better!
These gingerbread bars use a cake mix as a shortcut but the taste is perfection. I used the mix that came in a pouch, but I am sure you could use whichever kind you like. Be sure to serve these up at your next holiday get together. Be sure to let me know how you make your gingerbread!
- 1 pouch Gingerbread Cake Mix
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour into prepared dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cut into bite size pieces.
- Top with cream cheese frosting.