We were invited to our first Ugly Christmas Sweater party this year and my husband and I were so excited to go! But what would I wear? I am not one to wear ugly sweaters or sweatshirts, so I was trying to come up with a unique way to celebrate with everyone while at the party.
After some perusing online I decided I was going to try and make a woman’s skirt out of a tree skirt. I didn’t think it would be to difficult and it wasn’t. I am not a sewer either- so I put mine together with hot glue and I think it came out awesome.
- Find a tree skirt. It should be about 48 inches. I settled on a red and white one with glitter because I love the sparkle (shocking I know!)
- Fold your skirt into a cone shape, make sure to line up the edges.
3. 3. Using a sharp scissor, cut off part of the top seam about an inch down. I hot glued my material back together at this point.
4. Using thick ribbon attach it to the top of your skirt, leaving some extra to tie in a bow.
5. You could either sew the back up, or use velcro to secure.
I think it came out great! I even made a headband to go with my outfit by hot gluing small ornaments to a thick plastic headband. I may not be the “ugliest” sweater at the party, but I will be the most creative!