My daughter has clearly got the baking bug from me! Every day she now asks, “Mama what are we baking today?” Love her! I decided to bake an Applesauce Cake. This cake is easy and moist and can be made with what you have on hand in your pantry. I like this cake for breakfast with a good cup of strong coffee. It is a dense cake that has just a hint of cinnamon goodness.
This applesauce cake would be delicious served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream too for a dessert. The best part about this cake is that it is really easy to make that even my three year old can help with the process. Sprinkle with a little powdered sugar to hide any baking imperfections.
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 13×9 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In an electric mixer combine butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and scrape down the sides to combine.
- Add the applesauce and combine.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour into baking pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.