We love our Girl Scout Cookies! One of our favorite varieties of cookies is Thin Mints! We usually order a large quantity of boxes so that we have some extra. We tend to freeze a few boxes too. Did you know that the Thin Mint Cookies freeze well? Well they do and we usually have a few boxes in our freezer throughout the year!
This recipe was inspired by the Girl Scouts Thin Mints Cookie. But be warned….. these are minty, really minty. I love them, my husband thinks they are amazing and he usually heats his up in the microwave for a few minutes. I have never tried it that way but it looks yummy!
Girl Scouts Thin Mints Inspired Brownies
- 1 stick Butter, cubed
- 1 bar Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Flour
- 10 Thin Mint Cookies, roughly chopped
- Cream Cheese Topping:
- 1 brick Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Mint Extract
- Green Food Coloring
- Final Topping:
- 15 chopped Thin Mint Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl combine chocolate and butter. Place in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring the chocolate and butter until they are both just melted.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, vanilla, and sugar. Whisk in melted chocolate. Add in cocoa powder and combine. With rubber scraper fold in flour. Lastly, fold in 10 chopped Thin Mint Cookies.
- Pour into a parchment lined 8×8 inch baking pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Set on cooling rack to cool.
- For Cream Cheese Topping:
- In stand mixer, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, mint extract and green food coloring.
- For Topping –
- Roughly chop 15 Thin Mint Cookies.
- To put together brownies-
- Remove brownies from baking pan. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top. Top with chopped cookies.