This is a sponsored post for The Women Bloggers and Kendal King Group on behalf of Nestle Gerber. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This healthy pizza dough recipe is a new twist on your traditional recipe using Gerber® MultiGrain cereal.
Look no farther for a simple way to add more nutrients to your pizza dough with Gerber Cereal. Simply add in baby food. You read that right, mix in baby cereal to get all the nutritional elements you need.
This pizza crust is so easy to make and only uses a few ingredients. I loved the texture the crust had and you could very easily load up the veggies on the toppings. We go for a more traditional pizza in our home but I love that I can get more nutrients into my children!
My kids are ages 4, 7, and 14 so we are definitely out of the baby food stage but you can cook with Nestle Gerber. have a look at the rice pudding recipe that I made using baby yogurt. My whole family enjoyed the creamy addition of the yogurt.
Pizza Dough Recipe
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 2 cups Gerber Cereeal
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- Pour the water into a small container and add the yeast. Stir. Let stand until yeast dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Brush a boil lightly with olive oil – set aside.
- In another bowl, mix cereal, sugar, and salt until combined. Add yeast mixture and 3 TBSP oil and knead.
- Place dough on floured surface. Add flour and knead until smooth.
- Place in prepared bowl, cover and let rise – 1 hour.
- Punch down dough and roll out to desired thickness.
For the pizza –
preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place dough on pizza circle.
Add sauce and cheese.
Bake until done – approx. 15 minutes.
This really was a delicious twist on a favorite recipe in our home. There are four varieties of Gerber Cereal that are available at Walmart: Oatmeal Cereal Single-Grain, Multigrain Cereal, Oatmeal & Banana Cereal and Lil’ Bits Oatmeal Banana Strawberry that are available at Walmart. These are not just for baby food but are great recipe substitutes.
What are some of your favorite recipes you can substitute with Gerber Cereal?