Blueberries – yum! I love incorporating fresh blueberries in my baked goods for the summer. I have a delicious blueberry cream cheese breakfast Danish. This recipe is easy because it uses refrigerated pizza dough as the pastry. SO easy!
This recipe is definitely one you will be making all summer long and simply swap out the blueberries with other berries for a different treat.
- 1 tube refrigerated thin pizza crust
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- ¼ c. granulated sugar, divided into half
- 2 c. (1 pint) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Roll out dough on parchment paper.
- Using kitchen shears make slices o a diagonal of about 1-inch thickness, leaving 3 inches down the center.
- In an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and half the sugar until soft and combined.
- Spread down the center of the prepared dough.
- In a separate bowl toss the blueberries with the remaining sugar and cornstarch.
- Place mixture on top of cream cheese blend.
- Fold over dough ends to the center.
- Sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Let cool completely.