So when we were in Niagara Falls, my husband and I had the most delicious baked clams while dining out one evening. When we got home, I decided to try my hand at making my own baked stuffed clams recipe. Some call these clams casino but I did not follow any rules when making these stuffed clams but I will tell you that they are SO GOOD!
No really- they are to die for!
Baked Stuffed Clams Recipe
- 2 lbs littleneck clams
- 5 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp chopped basil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- ⅓ cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- ¾ bread crumbs
- 1 can chopped clams, rinsed and drained
- Soak clams in water for 20 minutes.
- Scrub each clam with a brush and put in a pot with 1 cup water and two bay leaves and cover.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat until the clams open, approx 7 minutes.- strain the clams and reserve the liquid.
- Meanwhile, saute olive oil and garlic add the canned clams and heat through.
- Take the clams out of the shells and chop those into pieces and add to the saute pan. Cook through.
- Pull the clam shells apart and place on a baking pan.
- Combine the bread crumbs, bacon, cheese, red peppers and herbs, add the clam mixture and eggs and combine.
- The mixture should be moist. So add the clam juice until it has a wet consistency
- Fill each shell.
- Preheat broiler to low and cook for approx. 7 minutes..