This past weekend I was trying my hand at creating an upside down peach cake. I wanted individual servings though- so this way everyone has their own delicious sweet cake. Making these upside down peach cakes in muffin tins was a really easy way to use the peaches that are now in season.
I did not make a syrup ahead of time I simply put the ingredients in the bottom of each tin so that the oven does the work – not me! These cakes are perfect!
Easy Upside Down Peach Cakes
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temp +3 Tbsp
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 5 peaches, pealed and sliced
- 1-1/2 c flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 12 muffin turns with cooking spray.
- Cut the reserved 3 Tbsp of butter into pieces and place in bottom of each muffin tin evenly.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly amongst the 12 muffin tins.
- Place 3 slices of peaches in each tin. Chop the remaining peach slices into pieces for the batter.
- In an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg.
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients together.
- Fold in remaining peaches.
- Top each muffin tin with batter- do not over fill.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely before turning out onto a dish.