Fall is here and all things pumpkin are found everywhere from cookies to bread and fluff. I created this super easy recipe when my local store stocked the shelves with gingerbread cake mix. I thought why not combine two of my favorite things pumpkin and gingerbread together? The results were a huge hit.
This cake is super moist and spicy and the cream cheese frosting offsets the cake beautifully. Yum!
Gingerbread Pumpkin Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 pkg gingerbread cake mix
- 1 pkg sugar free instant vanilla pudding
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin filling
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 8 oz pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 13 x 9 pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine all ingredients for cake in a bowl until creamy consistency.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Next make the frosting.
- Combine all the frosting ingredients with an electric mixer for about two minutes.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cut the 13 x 9 cake in half.
- Frost one half of cake with half of the frosting.
- Place the other cake layer on top.
- Spread remaining frosting on top.
You must give this cake a try. It really is super easy because of the short cut of the cake mix and it is fabulous. I think I may serve this for thanksgiving and change around the look. Perhaps make it in a bundt pan and drizzle the frosting over the top. Now doesn’t that sound good?!