We are constantly on the go and weekends are no different. We have soccer most mornings and because we live in the middle of the woods the fall is the most beautiful time here with leaves changing, hiking, pumpkin picking, corn mazes- you name it we are doing it and bringing along fresh snacks and drinks!
I love using Dixie® To Go cups, because then I do not have the worry of bringing home an empty cup. I just fill with my coffee or cider for the children and off we go to conquer the world. No effort, no clean up, no worries. More time to focus on things that matter.
My husband laughs- but I am the master of the snack bag – I totally crush it every time. This may sound modest but I love being prepared and having great snacks for the kids when we are on the go. I always have a snack bag packed with delicious and healthy (and a few treats) as well as kid-friendly and adult drinks.
A variety of good things is the key to a good snack bag. Fruit, popcorn, crackers and of course a delicious homemade treat. My family loves these Pumpkin Crumb Cake Muffins, so I am sure to pack a few for our day trips.
Pumpkin Crumb Cake Muffin
- pumpkin muffins:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ (15 oz) can pumpkin
- ¾ cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- crumb topping:
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cups flour
- maple icing:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1¼ cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons water
- To make the crumb topping: combine sugars, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk in melted butter and add flour.
- To make the muffins: Preheat oven to 350.
- Place paper liners in a regular sized muffin.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, applesauce, pumpkin until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths of the way full.
- Top the muffin batter with the crumble topping until they’re overflowing.
- Bake the muffins for 20 minutes. .
- To make the drizzle: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Cook for about 3 minutes until butter starts to melt.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, maple syrup and water and stir.
- Using a spoon, drizzle over baked muffins.
For me there is nothing better than a steaming hot cup of coffee in my Dixie® To Go Cup and a moist and delicious muffin from the ever popular snack bag. I love that these cups give me the best on-the-go experience possible because of their leak resistant lid and insulated layer. There is nothing worse than showing up with a coffee stain on your shirt, right? I never have that problem using these cups. Next time you see them in the store, pick them up and give them a try and see how great you can crush your day.
I was selected for this paid opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.