I have been on a major cookie kick lately. Brown butter cookies, mint chocolate cookies, almond cookies and more! This past weekend I tried a new version of the chocolate chip cookie- coffee chocolate chip. Now why didn’t I think of that before?
The perfect pairing- coffee and cookies in one tasty morsel. Simply add some instant coffee to your recipe and you have a delicious mocha inspired cookie.
1 stick unsalted butter – room temperature
1-cup light brown sugar
1 TBSP vanilla extract
1-¾ cups flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
2-teaspoons instant coffee
1-cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Line 2 baking sheets with silicon mats. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy- approx. 5 minutes.
- Add the egg and combine.
- Next add the instant coffee.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and combine- do not over mix.
- Add the vanilla and chocolate chips and mix.
- Scoop batter by rounded tablespoons on prepared sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely.
This recipe makes approximately 36 cookies. These are bound to be a new favorite. If you want to keep your cookies from spreading- be sure to refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes before baking. This helps the cookies keep their form.
I think this is really a preference though- some people enjoy a thin cookie while other like a thick one- I prefer the latter.