Here is an easy cannoli dip that tastes just like the Authentic cannoli filling. Obviously the cannoli filling tis the best part of this Italian dessert and now you can make this no bake easy dessert. Perfect for a last minute get together.
Easy Cannoli Dip
Sometimes when you try these cannoli dip recipes they taste like cheese or they are not creamy enough. This recipe has just the right amount of sweet. My daughter likes regular size chocolate chips in her dip. I actually prefer the cannoli dip plain and my husband likes the mini chocolate chips.
This recipe is best when made a few hours prior to allow the ingredients to marry.
1 cup ricotta cheese, whole milk
8 oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment combine the ricotta, mascarpone, sugar and whipping cream on high speed until smooth. About 5 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla extract and whip another minute.
- Fold in the chocolate chips if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with broken pieces of waffle cone or sugar cookies to dip.
I really love this dessert it is so easy to make and can be put together at the last minute. In reality you can serve the dip right away. I like my cannoli dip a bit colder and that is why I suggest refrigerating for a little bit before serving.
We usually have ricotta and mascarpone cheese on hand so it is really handy and easy to mix up if last minute company stops by. The kids really like this cannoli dip too. We usually add 1/3 more powdered sugar if the kids are eating it because they like a little more sweet for their dip.
Bakery Style Italian Cookies
Italian Ricotta Cookies
Easy Cannoli Dip
- 1 cup ricotta cheese whole milk
- 8 oz marscarpone cheese room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips