I love baking and making treats for my family. To be honest most of the baked goodness goes with my hubby to work and they REALLY loved these Ultimate Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies I made last weekend.
Ultimate Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies
This recipe makes for a thin and chewy oatmeal cookie, which my family loves!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar, egg and vanilla until creamy.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and combine.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the oats and chips.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Scoop the cookies onto a silicone lined baking sheet. ( i used a 1 tsp scoop)
- Bake for 12 minutes *** Cooking time will vary depending on the scoop size.
- Let them cool completely.
I hope you really enjoy this recipe. I can easily see this one becoming a constant in our bake sale rotation. The kids and adults both devoured them all. I would love to hear how you make your oatmeal chocolate chip cookies…. I know most people use raisins but I really dislike the texture of them!