I am so excited to share with you my Vinyl Craft Project using the vinyl materials that Expressions Vinyl sent me. Here I will share with you how I made these Glittery Personalized Tote Bags. If you are like me you have a little girl(s) in your life that LOVE all things sparkly and shiny. ( I still like my bling and sparkles) These tote bags are great for dance/gymnastics bags, beach stuff, overnights at the grandparents, or just a fun and fabulous way to store their stuff.
- X-Acto knife or sharp blade
- Cutting mat or board
- Tape (I use painters tape)
- Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl (Eggplant Siser Glitter )The other side (which will be the exposed side upon application has a clear carrier sheet that provides a way to keep everything intact until application)
- Tote Bag (Basic Carryall Tote-Natural)
- Using your computer, type in the design/name you want.
- Print (**Make sure you print a mirror (flipped), as you are cutting it from the reverse side.
- Place the glitter vinyl sheet (keep the protective top carrier sheet on) onto your cutting board and tape down so it does not move.
- Place your name print (mirrored) on top of the vinyl and tape that down as well.
- Carefully using your knife or blade begin to cut out the name/design.
- Once you are down with all of your cutting, peel off the background so you can easily see the name.
- Place your design on your tote bag in the correct position. Press down with your hand to apply.
- Place a dishtowel down on top of your glitter vinyl design.
- Remove the top protective sheet from your design and using an iron set at low (approx.. 325 degrees) Press down firmly for 3-5 seconds.
**Recommended washing: inside out and hang dry