This is by far the best and easiest chocolate pudding recipe. Your family will thank you for making this delicious, thick and creamy dessert for them and they will think that you slaved over the stove all afternoon. This might even be a great addition to the Thanksgiving Dessert Table, serving in small plastic cups or small mason jars? Elegant, classic and simple. Enjoy.
1/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Whipped topping (optional)
1. Whisk together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in large microwave-safe bowl; gradually stir in milk and whisk until well combined.
2. Microwave for 3 minutes and then whisk.
3. Place back in the microwave for another 2 minutes and then whisk again.
4. Microwave for another 2 minutes or until pudding has become thick. **Be careful not to burn the pudding.
5. Stir in vanilla. Pour into dishes and refrigerate or serve warm.