Red Velvet Cake Truffles, can you say delicious? Well I have to say that these red velvet cake bites are decadent and delicious. A great dessert for your Valentine’s dinner or any other special occasion.
I love red velvet cake. I don’t know if its just because its red and pretty or the fantastic combination of cocoa and cream cheese.
This recipe is so easy but they look like you took the extra effort.
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- 1 container Cream Cheese frosting
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips
- Sprinkles for decorating
- Bake the red velvet cake mix as instructed for a 13×9 inch pan.
- Crumble cooled cake in bowl.
- Add cream cheese frosting and mix well.
- Form 1 inch balls from this mixture.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave at 30-second intervals until smooth.
- Roll cake balls in chocolate and set on wax paper lined bake sheet.
- Decorate with Sprinkles before chocolate is set.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.