Light Lasagna Soup Recipe
Instead of using sausage and beef in this soup, I used 99% fat free ground chicken and ground turkey, as well as skim ricotta cheese. This recipe is like the best part of the lasagna, the extra bits in the bottom of the pan.
- 1 pkg ground chicken 99% fat free
- 1 pkg ground turkey 99% fat free
- 1 24 oz can tomato sauce no sugar added
- 36 oz chicken broth
- ½ pkg lasagna noodles broken
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1 small container part-skim ricotta cheese for garnish
In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except ricotta cheese.
Cook on high for 3 hours.
Serve with a dollop of ricotta cheese