If you are looking for the perfect Italian Meatball recipe then look no further. You have found it. This is my Italian Grandmothers recipe that I have recreated with actual measurements (not the “just eyeball” it method she used to say) These meatballs are firm and moist and delicious.
When cooking these meatballs you can do one of three methods: 1- Fry them in oil on the stove top. 2- Bake them in the oven at 375 degrees for approximately 40 minutes. 3- Cook them directly in sauce if you are making sauce from scratch. (Recipe for this at a later time) If you choose to fry them, I suggest making them a day ahead of time and putting the refrigerator so the grease has a chance to congeal.
- 2 pounds ground beef (I use 80/20 blend)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- Blend all items together by hand. If the mixture seems too dry, add a splash of milk.
- Roll mixture into 2 inch balls.
- Cook at your desired method (see 3 choices above).