Fairy cookies, unicorn food, rainbow bites, sprinkles, jimmies, confetti, sparkles …. Whatever you want to call these cookies, they are delicious! I love that the recipe is super simple and the kids love making them too.
These cookies are great for princess birthday parties, anything to do with fairies, unicorns, rainbows, etc. Even perfect for bridal and baby showers and tea as well.
Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies
- 3 cups (375 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea or table salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups rainbow sprinkles
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and whisk to blend.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and extracts and blend again. Add flour mixture and beat just until flour disappears.
- Both methods: Scoop balls of dough and roll them briefly in the palms of your hands before dropping them in a bowl of rainbow sprinkles and gently rolling to coat them evenly.
- Transfer balls of sprinkle-coated dough to baking sheets at least two inches apart
- Bake for 10 minutes