You need this recipe! I have created the ultimate Cherry Almond Cake for you to enjoy for breakfast, brunch or even an afternoon tea or coffee break. This moist cherry and almond cake uses the summer cherries that are in season at all the farmers markets in the NorthEast at this time of year.
Moist Cherry and Almond Loaf Cake Recipe
I use Nielsen Massey extracts in all of my baking goods,. I find that using the best tasting ingredients, gives you the most delicious recipes.
Cherry Almond Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1- ½ sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1½ cup sugar
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour with 1 tablespoon removed and set aside
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen Massey pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen Massey almond extract
- 1½ cups chopped fresh cherries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix the chopped cherries with 1 tablespoon of flour until well coated.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. (Approx. 5 min.)
- Add the eggs, one at a time, combining well.
- Add vanilla and almond extracts.
- Stir in the flour and salt.
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold in the cherries.
- Spoon into the pan.
- Bake for 1½ hours, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a rack.
Well, what do you think? My husband really enjoys this fresh cherry almond cake and I think it is because it’s so moist. I sprinkled mine with powdered sugar but you can easily make a glaze or a frosting if you want but I think it is sweet enough on its own. This cherry almond pound cake is sure to be a hit for breakfast, brunch or dessert.