An overstock of zucchinis from the garden this year? We had so many zucchinis that they were coming out of our ears. We made zucchini chips and I tried making these zucchini refrigerator pickles and they are so good! We made ours super thin so that they could be used on sandwiches, appetizer platers, cheese boards- you name it! The possibilities are endless.
Refrigerator Zucchini Pickles
- 1 large or 2 medium zucchini
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 1 TBSP red pepper flakes (we like ours spicy- use less if you do not)
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ cup salt
- Canning jars- I used medium size
- Slice zucchini super thin- I used my food processor attachment.
- In a large pot, bring all ingredients except zucchini to a boil.
- Stuff the zucchini into the jars.
- Add the boiling liquid to each jar.
- Top with the canned lids until you here the pop(suction) sound.
- Refrigerate at least 24 hours before using.
- Can last up to a month refrigerated.
This is a great way to use up the zucchini! I have also shredded mine in amounts for bread and frozen in bags for easy use. Have a try at these pickles!