Part of our Easter tradition is to make Easter Bread. This is a sweet bread that is braided and has colored eggs nestled inside the folds. I love serving this with soft salted butter with our Easter dinner. I do know that some people serve their bread with breakfast. Either way this delicious Easter Bread will quickly become a tradition for your home too!
Easy Easter Bread Recipe
- 2 Tbsp Active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 3-1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 hard boiled eggs dyed
- Place yeast into warm water and let stand 5-7 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the 2Tbsp sugar and flour, add in the yeast mixture.
- Stir until smooth.
- Cover and set aside in a warm area until double in size (1 hour)
- In a mixer, cream together butter, sugar and salt.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add the yeast mixture and the remaining 3-1/4 cups flour until a ball is formed.
- Turn out on a lightly floured surface and knead - approx 10 minutes.
- Oil a bowl and place dough inside and cover with oil, cover with a damp cloth and let it rise in a warm area.
- Deflate dough and cut into 4 equal parts.
- Roll each part into a rope.
- Using two pieces, braid ropes together and form a ring.
- Tuck eggs into crevices.
- Repeat with other two ropes.
- Cover and let rise again. (1 hour)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly brush the top with oil and add sprinkles if desired.
- Bake for 50 minutes