This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for your support
Boy do I have a delicious recipe to add to your wheelhouse! This moist vanilla almond pound cake recipe is perfection. This cake does not even need icing- that is how good it is! My two-year old agrees!
This pound cake recipe is rich and flavorful and everyone loves it. This cake is an old fashioned recipe that uses great ingredients like real vanilla extract.
Moist Almond Poundcake Recipe
For this recipe I used Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Extract and Almond Extract. Excellent ingredients make extraordinary cakes. I have found that The Nielsen-Massey Company provides top-notch products and therefore my baked goods come out great! I also use an angel food cake pan for a show-stopping cake.
The Best Vanilla Almond Pound Cake
We make this recipe all of the time and it always comes out great! A moist and delicious cake!
Perfect Moist and Delicious Vanilla Almond Pound Cake Recipe
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup shortening room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Almond Extract
- 5 eggs (room temperature
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1-1/4 cup milk
- Grease a 10-inch tube pan (angel food cake pan) and set aside
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the shortening and butter together until well combined.
- Add the sugar and cream for about 5-7 minutes. (mixture will double in size and be a pale yellow color) **Important do not scrimp on time on this step.
- Add vanilla and almond extracts and combine.
- Add eggs one at a time and incorporate each into mixture before adding the next.
- Add salt and baking powder and combine.
- Add the flour and milk, alternating back and forth until mixture is thick and fully combined well.
- Pour into waiting pan.
- Bake for 75 minutes.
- Let cool completely before taking out of pan.
This is definitely one of my top recipes that I have on my blog but there are even more delicious recipes here too! Give this Moist Almond Cherry Almond Cake a try or this Mocha Almond Marble bundt cake a whirl.