Oh my goodness, this coconut almond bread recipe is so moist and delicious you will just be in heaven when you bake it. I made this recipe with unsweetened almond milk so I don’t think it is that bad for your New Year’s resolutions!
I also used almond extract in this recipe and I just love the smell that it gives to the batter. My husband even liked it and he is not a big coconut fan. Drizzling it with a thin icing would give it a little more sweetness but I liked it just the way it was. You could probably sprinkle with a little powdered sugar as well.
- 3 eggs
- ½ stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp almond extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- Spray 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixer, combine eggs butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and milk, alternating a little at a time.
- Add almond extract, salt, baking powder and combine.
- Add coconut and pour into pan.
- Bake 1- ½ hours until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
I would love to hear how this coconut almond bread was when you baked it in your own home. Sometimes I love to tweak recipes a bit here and there… if you made this even better I would love to hear about that as well. We can all take a moment to learn something new.