One of the best cookie recipes out there- I promise! The key to these cookies is to REFRIGERATE the dough for at least 1 hour.
This is the best recipe for soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies with M&Ms. You can easily make this recipe with just chocolate chips too but they are just like the chewy cookies you get in the bakery.
These cookies are the size of your hand and your whole family will love them! The key here is to refrigerate the dough before baking. This how you make sure that your cookies don’t spread. I learned this tip the hard way. Way too many batches of thin cookies went through our oven.
The Best Soft and Chewy
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup M&M'S (I used Minis)
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment combine the butter, sugars, egg, vanilla, and beat on medium-high speed until creamed and light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, pudding mix, baking soda, salt, and beat on low speed until just combined.
- Add the M&M'S, chocolate chips, and beat on low speed until just combined.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Using a ¼-cup measure, form approximately 12 equal-sized mounds of dough, and place on baking sheets on silicone mats or spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 12 to 13 minutes Cookies firm up as they cool. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving.
I promise these chocolate chip cookies are so easy to make and they always turn out perfectly. If you do not want such a large cookie you can simply make them smaller and adjust your cooking time accordingly. These are great for school bake sales and pot luck supers. These would also be a great addition to a birthday party dessert table too.