I received product to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own.
I love baking cookies and making things look pretty in my baked goodies. I was recently introduced to a company that make beautiful carved rolling pins. Stodola creates handmade rolling pin and cookie presses in many different designs that are all exquisite.
I have a thing for roosters, so when I was looking through there Etsy Shop I instantly was drawn to this rolling pin. You can see all the beautiful, handcrafted detail and attention to design. I could not wait to try out my rolling pin with some cookies.
Using my Chocolate Sugar Cookie Recipe, I created these adorable imprinted cookies with the Stodola rolling pin. It was so easy to use. I rolled out my dough one time using a flat rolling pin first beneath two pieces of parchment paper. Then, I rolled the prepared dough with the carved rolling pin by Stodola. Perfection! Using heart shaped cookie cutters I cut the cookies out and baked them for 10 minutes on a silicon mat.
Chocolate Sugar Cookie
A Beautiful Baking Tool For Your Kitchen
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 c flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In an electric mixer, cream the sugar and butter together until combined (approx. 2 min)
- Add egg and vanilla, mix to combine.
- Add flour, cocoa and salt and combine.
- Sandwich dough between parchment paper and roll with a regular pin until about ¼ inch thick.
- Refrigerate dough approx. 1 hour.
- Roll with Stodola pin, don’t be afraid to press down.
- Cut cookies out with a cookie cutter.
- Bake approx. 10 minutes.
It took a few weeks from the time I ordered my rolling pin for it to be delivered to my house. It is completely worth the wait because each pin is hand crafted and the patterns are unbelievable. Check them out on the web and order yours today for yourself or a gift.