I have a delicious light and moist blueberry scone recipe for you. I love blueberries, they remind me of summertime. After a long winter, there is nothing I like more than summer desserts and breakfast items and blueberry scones is at the top of my list!
This recipe is no fail and comes out delicious. I love to serve mine on my grandmother’s china. It make me feel regal…. even if only for a moment.
Blueberry Scones Recipe
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons cold butter cut into pieces
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries rinsed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add the butter and using a pastry cutter combine the dry ingredients.
- Stir the eggs, yogurt, vanilla extract together. Add to the dry
- Flour your counter and your hands. Take the dough out of the bowl and place it on the counter. Pat it into a 1" thick rectangle. Cut into 8 triangular scones. Place on a silicon lined cookie sheet.
- Brush the scones with melted butter, and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a rack.