This is a beautiful DIY keepsake to have of your children as they get older. It is really easy to do and the results are awesome. I believe I will be gifting these as Mothers Day presents to the grandmas this year!
So let’s get started, shall we?
First, what do we need? You will need:
- a photo (digital works best) printed out to the size you like
- White paper
- Black paper
- A colored paper for the background
- X-acto knife
- Spray glue
1. Trace the silhouette of your child’s head using a pencil on the white paper. Pay close attention to the details (eyelashes, wisps of hair, etc.)
2. Place a sheet of black paper underneath your tracing and tape down. (I used a cutting matte)
4. I used the computer and printed out my daughters name with her age underneath it. You could easily handwrite this as well or put the year instead of the age.
5. Using spray glue, carefully glue the silhouette onto the prepared paper.
6. Frame and mount.
As you can see the results are spectacular! I love the shabby chic look of the old school silhouette. This one will go in my daughters room but we definitely will be making more to give as gifts.