I love all types of pudding recipes but this one for easy homemade chocolate pudding is my favorite! There is nothing better than a bowl of pudding to comfort you- add a dollop of whipped cream and it is like heaven.
Easy Homemade Chocolate Pudding
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- In a medium sauce pan whisk together the cornstarch, sugar and salt.
- Add the milk and the egg yolks and whisk until combined.
- Add the chocolate and whisk until melted.
- Turn the heat on to medium and stir occasionally as the mixture heats up.
- Once it starts bubbling (about 5 minutes) let it bubble for about a minute and remove from heat. Add the vanilla and combine.
- Pour into cups and cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate.
- Serve with whipped cream.
This recipe is so simple and keeps in the fridge for a few days. I used these adorable holiday coffee mugs to serve and I think they are so festive! I love my pudding cold- but I know so many people that enjoy pudding warm.