We love mint in this house. From mint ice cream to thin mints or candy canes, whatever the season we eat a lot of mint. After I found a plethora of mint down by the pond, I need to make a few recipes from them. My first step was to make Mint Simple Syrup, after I had that piece finished, I really could make anything. I tried to make a mint chocolate chip cookie recipe and they turned out delicious!
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Servings 60 cookies
- 2-1/4 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 c granualted sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp mint simple syrup
- 2 cups Nestle Mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- beat butter, sugars and vanilla and mint syrup in an electric mix under light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to mixer and combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes.