Oh my goodness folks- this is the best one pot Shrimp Boil Recipe. It is even better if you have an outdoor steamer pot! We celebrated mothers day this year with this delicious shrimp boil recipe and are looking forward to many BBQs this summer to share this recipe with friends and family.
One Pot Low Country Shrimp Boil Recipe
- 8 ears corn husked
- 4 pounds shrimp I used 31/40 but prefer larger if available
- 3 pounds sausage I used a mix of chicken and chorizo
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 1 bag shrimp boil seasoning I used McCormick
- hot sauce to taste
- Fill a large pot half way with water and bring to a boil.
- Add seasoning bag, potatoes, corn and sausage. Return to a boil and cook for 45 minutes to one hour or until potatoes are cooked.
- Add shrimp to pot and cook for approx. 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat ad drain water.
- Serve from a large bowl, family style.