Have I told you this week how much I love Mezzetta products? Well let me tell you again just in case you missed it before. Mezzetta products rock! We have been using their Italian delicacies for years and we cant get enough. We are trying to eat a little healthier these days (swimsuit season is around the corner!) so I wanted to try and make a hummus like dip for some vegetables. I enjoy hummus but I don’t particularly care for tahini – so I came up with this Roasted Red Pepper Dip that is hummus like in texture but with out the tahini. I hope you like it.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 16 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 jar Mezzetta Roasted Red Peppers drained
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp Adobo Seasoning
- 1 jalapeno seeded
- ¼ cup EVOO
- Vegetables for serving
- Mix all ingredients except olive oil in food processor until pureed.
- Slowly drizzle in oil until combined.
- Refrigerate for approx. 1 hour until flavors combine.
- Serve with vegetables.