There is nothing that screams fall more than a baking apple smell in the kitchen. We have a huge apple tree in our front yard and this year the fruits are bountiful. The kids and I love going outside and picking apples to make delicious recipes with. The first recipe is for an apple bread just like Grandma used to make.
This recipe can use apples that may not be fully ripe because we are sautéing them first before we add them to the batter. Your family will be begging for more.
Apple Bread Just Like Grandma's
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 apples peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp butter
- preheat oven to 350.
- Grease loaf pan.
- In a small sauté pan, sauté the 1 Tbsp butter, apples, and brown sugar until lightly brown and soft.
- In an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and apple mixture.
- Stir in the dry ingredients
- Bake about 50-60 minutes.
- Cool and top with powdered sugar.