I absolutely love Brussels sprouts. My husband however despises them. Needless to say we don’t have Brussels sprouts often. Usually only for Thanksgiving when I know my house will be full over other Brussels sprout lovers. My in-laws came over for dinner the other night and I knew I was making Brussels Sprouts and Bacon as a side dish.
Here is the recipe…
1 medium onion
5 or 6 pieces thick cut bacon
2 pounds brussel sprouts
1/2 cup chicken broth
- Dice up one medium onion and sauté in a pan with a small drop of vegetable oil.
- Chop up 5 or 6 slices of bacon and add them to the onions once that have turned translucent. (About 5-10 minutes)
- Cook the back with the onions until the bacon is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, wash the brussel sprouts (cut off stems) and cut in half.
- Add the sprouts to the bacon and onion mixture.
- Add a 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- Cover the pan and steam the brussel sprout mixture for about 10 minutes or until the sprouts are tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste (I use a lot of pepper!)