There is nothing like a bowl of warm chili on a cold winter day. This winter where it seems as though the really cold days out number the warmer ones, we have been making many pots of soups, chili and stews.
My favorite kind of chili is a white chicken chili. It is hearty yet a bit lighter than your average red base chili. You should definitely try this one!
- 1 pkg ground chicken
- 1 pkg chicken or pork sausage (casing removed)
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 16 oz can green chilies in sauce
- 1 large can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 large can small white beans, drained
- In a large pot, sauté onions until translucent.
- Add the ground chicken and sausage and brown.
- Add the peppers and sweat until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and 2 cups of water.
- Simmer for 2-3 hours, covered.