I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for the SPLENDA® Brand. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation. All opinions and reviews are my own.
I am so excited for school to be out for the summer! As a mom to three children, my summer involves many activities not only for the kids but for “mom-time” as well. I love to walk, garden, and swim with my family and friends. We are so lucky that our in-laws have a beautiful pond right next door that we can fish, swim and paddle boat in as well. If we are not home, chances are we are next door as an extended family enjoying the pond. We have people over all the time to share in our outdoor activities – it’s awesome! We recently spent the day at the pond with our extended family enjoying swimming, fishing, paddle boats and a walk in the woods! We had a great start to summer with these low-impact activities and enjoyed a delicious Banana Pudding Recipe made with SPLENDA® Sweetener Products as a reward after a full day of activities.
I tend to focus more on nutrition and exercise during the summer months. (It may have something to do with wearing that swimsuit!) Or maybe because we are so active we are snacking and entertaining more. I love to eat and sometimes making a simple swap for your favorite recipes can save calories. To help inspire and motivate us to make these smart choices, the SPLENDA® Brand is dishing out ways to reduce added sugar by swapping out full sugar for SPLENDA® Sweetener Products.
In addition to hanging out with friends and family I love to create new recipes all of the time! I’m always looking for simple recipes that can be part of a balanced lifestyle. I tend to do more during the summer months with recipes, simply because I have more time. Did you know that swapping just one cup of sugar with one cup of SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated can save more than 600 calories? This will go along way this swimsuit season!
I recently visited the SweetSwaps website and was inspired to create their Banana Pudding Recipe for my family gathering last weekend. This banana pudding recipes tastes like the real deal. I love banana pudding and did you know that you could freeze this as an icy treat too? This is a great recipe for easy gatherings and we are saving calories too using SPLENDA® Sweetener Products.
Banana Pudding Sweet Swaps with the SPLENDA® Brand
- 1/3 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener Granulated
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups reduced fat milk
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 1 teaspoon banana extract
- 1 ½ cups sliced bananas
- Blend SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, and cornstarch together in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place milk, egg substitute, vanilla, and salt in a medium saucepan. Stir well. Add SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, mixture and stir well. Add butter. Cook over medium-low heat 4-5 minutes while stirring constantly. Cook until mixture begins to thicken and bubble. Remove from heat. Add banana extract. Stir well.
- Pour pudding into a small bowl. Spray surface lightly with cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap by laying plastic wrap directly on top of the pudding surface. This will prevent any ’skin’ from forming on the surface. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
- To serve, divide pudding equally into 6 individual serving bowls and top with sliced bananas.
Using SPLENDA®Sweetener Products, like SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, SPLENDA® Sugar Blend, and SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend and the recipes featured on SWEETSWAPS.com, we can create dishes we love that can fit into a balanced lifestyle. For more information and full product details you can find the SPLENDA® Brand on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and on the web.
Disclaimer: I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for the SPLENDA® Brand. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation. All opinions and reviews are my own.