This winter it seems like my house has been suffering from the plague over and over again. Nothing warms the soul like a great bowl of chicken noodle soup. I came up with this recipe by chance, just because I had the items on hand. It is delicious and a slight variation from the original chicken noodle soup recipe.
1 lb chicken tenders
1/2 lb pork sausage without casing
1 yellow onion, chopped
5 stalks celery, chopped
4 carrots, chopped
2 large containers low sodium chicken broth
2 15 oz cans mixed vegetables
Wide egg noodles
Salt & pepper to taste
- Add chicken broth to large stock pot, add chicken tenders, onion, celery, and carrots. Bring to a boil.
- Let the chicken cook until done. Take the chicken out of the pot to shred.
- Add the chicken back to the pot, add canned vegetables and reduce heat to low.
- Roll the sausage into 1-inch balls and add to the soup mixture. Cook until done.
- Add the noodles and allow them to cook until done.
- Salt and pepper to taste.