I have been on a major cookie kick lately. Brown butter cookies, mint chocolate cookies, almond cookies and more! This past weekend I tried a new version of the chocolate chip cookie- coffee chocolate chip. Now why didn’t I think of that before?
The perfect pairing- coffee and cookies in one tasty morsel. Simply add some instant coffee to your recipe and you have a delicious mocha inspired cookie.
1 stick unsalted butter – room temperature
1-cup light brown sugar
1 TBSP vanilla extract
1-¾ cups flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
2-teaspoons instant coffee
1-cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Line 2 baking sheets with silicon mats. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy- approx. 5 minutes.
- Add the egg and combine.
- Next add the instant coffee.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and combine- do not over mix.
- Add the vanilla and chocolate chips and mix.
- Scoop batter by rounded tablespoons on prepared sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely.
This recipe makes approximately 36 cookies. These are bound to be a new favorite. If you want to keep your cookies from spreading- be sure to refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes before baking. This helps the cookies keep their form.
I think this is really a preference though- some people enjoy a thin cookie while other like a thick one- I prefer the latter.
What are your favorite tools for baking?
How do you store your cookies?
Once my cookies are baked goods are completely cooled, store in an airtight container. When freezing, use a zip top freezer bag.