I have always wanted to try and create a delicious Creamed Spinach recipe. This past Thanksgiving I decided to give it a try as an extra side dish for all to love. It was absolutely delicious and will be on the must make list for years to come.
Creamed Spinach Recipe
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup Gruyere cheese shredded
- 1 pound frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dried
- Cook bacon in a saucepan until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan and chop.
- Add onion & garlic to pan and cook until tender.
- Sprinkle in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk and nutmeg and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add cheese, spinach and bacon, cook 5 minutes.