This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetenTheSeason #CollectiveBias
Creating delicious recipes for the holiday season does not have to be difficult or expensive. When I was in Walmart this week they had a beautifully stocked Bake Center display in the center of their store with so many different ingredients for all of your holiday baking needs. I bought BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Crème, and JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding to make an easy S’more Inspired Cupcake. I was so impressed with the Walmart Bake Center and how easy it was that everything that you need to bake up holiday treats was in one convenient place. So smart and as a full time working mother of three, I will take any time savers there are!
My oldest son is a HUGE S’mores fan – we make them all the time – over a fire in the summer and in the microwave during the winter. There is something so comforting in the mix of chocolate, marshmallow and graham crackers that I wanted to recreate the same flavors but in cupcake form this holiday season.
Here are the directions for the cupcakes. It may seem like there are a lot of steps by really they are so easy to make and they always come out great. Simply follow these steps:
For the Cupcakes –
- 1 18.25 ounce package devil’s food cake mix
- 1 3.4 ounce package JELLO instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 -1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tin with paper liners.2. Mix together the cake and pudding mixes, water, oil, and eggs. Stir for about 50 strokes or until well combined.
- Pour the batter between 24 muffin wells; about half way.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes. Allow cupcakes to cool inside muffin tins.
- Remove cupcakes from muffin tins and allow to fully cool on a wire rack. Once cupcakes are cool, prepare your frosting.
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) BAKER’S Unsweetened Chocolate
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- Microwave chocolate in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 min., stir.
Add sugar, butter and vanilla. Gradually add milk, beating constantly with mixer on low speed until blended.
To Assemble the Cupcakes
Scoop out the top parts of the cupcakes so that there is a little well.
Fill with JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Crème.
Top with Chocolate frosting, crumbled graham crackers and a few mini JET-PUFFED marshmallows.
Holiday Baking Hack
You will notice that my recipe calls for Room Temperature Butter – I use room temperature butter for ALL of my baking needs because it makes everything you create lighter and fluffier. Give it a try – you will definitely see the difference.
Don’t these cupcakes look amazing? Now it is easy to enjoy S’mores this holiday season with a few ingredients from Kraft. What will you be making this holiday season? I would love to hear all about your creative holiday recipes using Kraft products here!