We love Red Velvet– from cakes and cookies to brownies. I would like to share with you my recipe for red velvet brownies with a marbled cream cheese frosting. This recipe for Red Velvet brownies is so moist and delicious you won’t need another recipe. Enjoy!
Delicious and Moist Red Velvet Brownie Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 c sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 10 drops red food coloring
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract I use Nielsen Massey
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- For Frosting
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 8x8 baking dish.
- In an electric mixer with whisk attachment, combine butter with 1 cup sugar, add cocoa, food coloring, 2 tsp vanilla extract, vinegar, salt, and eggs until combined.
- Stir in flour and set aside 1/4 cup of mixture. Pour the remaining into the prepared dish.
- In an electric mixer with whisk attachment, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar, egg and vanilla approx. 5 minutes.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture in dollops and add the reserved batter in dollops as well onto the batter in the pan. Run a knife through the mixture to achieve the marbled effect.
- Bake 30-35 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.