There is nothing better than to cozy up on a Sunday morning with a hot cup of coffee and a piece of delicious crumb cake. I have the best recipe for a moist raspberry crumb cake. It is the perfect combination of tart and sweet, with a thick coating of cinnamon sugar crumbs. Serve it warm, or drizzle with icing, top it with vanilla icing…. the possibilities are endless. You must try it though.
Raspberry Crumb Cake
Delicious Raspberry Crumb Cake
- For the Crumb Topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter cut into cubes
- For the Cake:
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar divided
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups raspberries I used frozen
- To make the crumb topping, whisk flour, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Add butter; using your fingertips, work butter into dry ingredients until large, moist crumbs begin to form. Refrigerate topping until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick spray.
- To make the cake, in a medium bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat ¾ cup sugar and butter in a medium bowl until light and fluffy, 3–4 minutes. Beat in vanilla and almond. Add eggs one at a time, beating to blend between additions until mixture is pale and fluffy, 3–4 minutes longer.
- With mixer on low speed, add dry ingredients to bowl in 3 additions, alternating with milk.
- Pour half the batter in the pan.
- Whisk remaining 3 Tbsp. sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; sprinkle evenly over batter in pan. Spoon remaining batter over; smooth top.
- Pour raspberries evenly over batter. Sprinkle crumb topping over raspberries.
- Bake cake until top is golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 60 minutes. Let cool completely in pan.