I love seafood for dinner. Whenever we go out to eat I usually end up ordering some type of seafood from scallops, crab cakes and shrimp to monkfish and cod but never salmon (thats a story for another day and a bad dinner prep from my hubby!)
As a special treat we make crab cakes at home. I have found that you can get a jar of claw crab meat from the food store for about $9.00. Each jar make 4 dinner size crab cakes. We usually pair ours with a salad but you can easily make these smaller as an appetizer portion too.
Easy Crab Cakes Dinner Recipe
- 1 16 oz jar Claw Crab Meat
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 3 dashes Hot Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Mayonaisse
- 1/4 cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- In a medium saute, heat the oil to a medium heat.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl combine all the ingredient. Be sure to break apart the clumps of crab meat.
- Chill for 10 minutes.
- Form crab meat mixture into 4 patties.
- Place in preheated pan (**watch for splatter)
- Cook on each side for approximately 5 minutes.
- Place on paper towels when removed rom pan to drain excess oil.