This past weekend we had some friends over for football Sunday. I never know what to make, but I wanted it to be quick and easy. My husband said he wanted Gumbo . Now I have never really made a Gumbo like this before, but let me tell you it was such a big hit! Everyone enjoyed it. Simply serve with a side of rice.
Easy One Pot Gumbo That Your Family Will Love
- 2 pounds boneless chicken cut into bite size chunks
- 4 links of Chorizo Sausage quartered and sliced.
- 1 Green bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 4 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 cans of Ro-Tel tomatoes with chiles.
- 2 pounds of shrimp shelled and tails off
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp celery salt
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp butter
- In a large pot, combine butter and flour. Cook while continuously stirring until a light brown.
- Add chicken and sausage, cook until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients except shrimp.
- Bring to a boil and then lower heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add shrimp just before ready to serve, cook for approximately 5 minutes or until shrimp are done.