Have a favorite cookie? These chewy oatmeal cookies will quickly become a family favorite.
Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
By now you know that I love baking and making treats for my family. To be honest most of the baked goodness goes with my hubby to work and they REALLY loved these Malted Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies I made last weekend.
This recipe makes for thick and chewy oatmeal cookies. The trick is to refrigerate your cookie dough for at least two hours before baking. I left mine in the refrigerator overnight and they cooked up perfectly. The malted milk powder really cut down on the sweetness of the cookie and it has oatmeal in the recipe so they have to be good for you- right? :0)
Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chips
Malted Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup malted milk powder i used chocolate
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar, egg and vanilla until creamy.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and malted milk powder and combine.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the oats and chips.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Scoop the cookies onto a silicone lined baking sheet. ( i used a 1 tsp scoop)
- Bake for 12 minutes *** Cooking time will vary depending on the scoop size.
- Let them cool completely.
I hope you really enjoy this recipe. I can easily see this one becoming a constant in our bake sale rotation. The kids and adults both devoured them all. I would love to hear how you make your oatmeal chocolate chip cookies…. I know most people use raisins but I really dislike the texture of them!
These cookies are the perfect addition to your cookie exchange. Try these cookies as well as these other holiday cookie recipes.
Italian Ricotta Cookies
Italian Bakery Cookies